In general, we may collect the following types of Personal Information through the Site:Customer Information. We request personal information when you sign up as a customer, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number, and other information.
We may also collect certain optional information, including:
- The subject(s) you teach
- The name, address, and phone number of the organization at which you teach
- Proof of your membership eligibility/affiliation with a qualifying educational or child care institution or program (proof of affiliation includes a pay-stub, current Teachers Association card, school ID, child care license, business card, or note on letterhead from an eligible organization, such as a school, community program, or licensed childcare facility)
- Your preferred RAFT location
- Information about how you were referred to our Site
- The principal of the school at which you teach
- Additional contact information, (mentioned above), mobile number or fax number
We will use the information that you provide to us to confirm your eligibility for membership with RAFT. Upon confirmation, we will assign a RAFT ID number to you.
If you are renewing your membership to RAFT, we ask for your first and last name and RAFT ID number.
Donor Information. We request personal information when processing donations, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number, and other information.
Events, Program & Volunteers. When you register for an event or program, or sign-up to be a volunteer, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, address, phone number and other contact information, as well as the name of your school or organization, the grade and subject you teach.
Other Sources. We also may collect information about you from our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties and sources. For example, we may collect information about current or potential members or donors from public records, public sources and third parties. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected directly from you.
We use the Personal Information we collect about you for the following types of purposes:
- to respond to your requests or inquiries, and for similar customer-service-related purposes;
- to administer events, surveys, questionnaires and programs;
- to evaluate your eligibility for membership;
- to process payments, including membership payments and donations;
- to adjust our offerings or services to you and to tailor the information we send or display to you;
- to provide you with information that we believe you may find of interest, including to send you marketing and promotional e-mails and to solicit donations;
- to communicate with you about your membership;
- to authenticate visitors to our Site; or
- to improve our Site, offerings or services and to better understand how users access and use our Site and offerings, on an aggregated and individualized basis.
We may disclose Personal Information collected online to third parties for the following sorts of purposes:
- to our contractors or service providers (such as service providers who help us to administer our website) who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- to protect or enforce our rights or property; and
- in the event of the transfer or dissolution (bankruptcy) of assets, in whole or in part, of RAFT or any of its affiliates.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser.
Third Parties. As noted, we may also engage third parties to track and analyze Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze usage of the Site. We do not provide these third parties with your Personal Information.
We may administer surveys and questionnaires to members. Your participation in such is entirely voluntary. If you do participate, we may/will not combine your responses with the other information we have collected about you. We will not share your individual responses with third parties, other than our service providers who help us to administer and analyze the results, unless we notify you first and obtain your consent.
We may send you emails from time-to-time, about information that we believe may be of interest to you, including our newsletter. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account, your membership or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other non-commercial purposes.
We may also send you direct mail to your postal address for reasons related to your RAFT member account. You may also receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events.
We use physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the Personal Information that you provide to us. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private.
Our Site is designed for, and membership available to, educators, not students. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that we have received any such data, we will take immediate steps to delete the data.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to our policy to our Sites, at http://www.raft.net/privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Sites or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us.