RAFT Member Benefits
Build educational expertise and earn CEU credits with workshops and summer Institutes.
Receive one-on-one mentoring from RAFT educational experts.
Affordable one stop shopping for curriculum aligned hands-on Activity Kits, materials and supplies with everyday low prices guaranteed.
Membership CostIndividual Membership
RAFT membership is open to individuals who qualify. Any non-profit employee or volunteer is eligible to join RAFT including: scouts, after school programs, camps, PTA/PTO clubs, religious programs, day care facilities, home school educators. To receive a membership card, just complete an application, show proof of affiliation, and submit your fee.
- $40 New Annual Membership
- $35 Renewal Membership
- $15 Day Pass: The Day Pass may be converted to an annual membership if the upgrade request is made within 14 days of the Day Pass purchase date. The Day Pass fee will be applied towards the annual fee. Application available at time of visit.
You may also apply by downloading the individual application and either:
- Mail to: 1355 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95131
- Mail to: 101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065
- Fax to: 408-451-1428
- Submit on your first visit
Proof of affiliation with a qualifying organization is required to receive a RAFT membership. If eligible, you will receive your RAFT card on your first visit.
Membership Discount ProgramsGroup Membership:
RAFT offers a $20 per individual rate when purchasing 10 or more individual memberships at the same time. To receive the discounted rate, a group must submit their individual applications together with one payment for the total membership amount.
This rate is also available to organizations purchasing individual memberships for their employees or volunteers.
Organizations can prepay or set up an annual purchase order for their staff membership or shopping. Contact our membership department for full details.
View the organizations that are registered with RAFT for providing discounted memberships for their associates:Student Membership
A $15 membership is available to student teachers one time only when submitting the Student Teacher Authorization letter with your RAFT application.
Frequent Membership Questions
- How do I join RAFT?
- Who can join RAFT?RAFT is a non profit organization and carries educational supplies and activities for any type of educator that works with students of any age. This membership is available to volunteer and paid educators.
- What is a proof of affiliation?Proof of affiliation is a one of the following items: current paycheck stub, letter from the organization you represent on letterhead, CTA card, PSA membership, business card, check or credit card from the organization you represent, license from the state for daycare or preschool facilities, 403 incorporation documents or R-4(PSA) form from the state. We also accept internet verification or emails from organizations as proof.
- Can I use some else's card from my organization to shop at RAFT?RAFT memberships are individual and are not transferable, if shared with another colleague membership may be forfeited at our discretion.
- Does my organization qualify?Any non profit organization is eligible to join RAFT including: scouts, after school programs, camps, PTA/PTO clubs, religious programs, day care facilities, home school educators or other organization whose purpose is to educate.
- Can I join if I am not a teacher?All educators are welcome, including: home school educators, care providers, teachers in the classroom and volunteers that work or run educator programs.
- Why can't I bring my child?RAFT is a refuge for adult educators and provides an adult only zone to fill this need. Due to safety reasons no children under 12 are allowed, including babies, inside the warehouse facility.
- What are the hours and locations?Hours and Directions for RAFT Bay Area locations.
- What forms of payment do you accept?RAFT accepts cash, checks, MasterCard or Visa and debit cards as forms of payment.
- Is my RAFT card valid at any RAFT location?RAFT is happy to welcome visitors from any other RAFT location.
- Can I visit RAFT for FREE?You can visit us for FREE but if you decide to purchase anything you must be qualified to obtain your own membership.
- Are RAFT gift cards transferable to all locations?RAFT San Jose & Redwood City share the same cashiering systems so there is no problem using the Gift Cards. RAFT's other affiliates do not share the same systems so their Gift Cards do not work in these stores.